blog

A friend recently ordered some of the Monaco fabric, and when I asked her what she was making she sent me a photo of the most adorable simple sack dress. I decided to try a version myself, and after fiddling around making a pattern, this is what I ended up with. The ribbons are a little aggressive, but overall it looks pretty cute, and was really easy to make! I’m going to tweak the pattern a bit (a little too much fabric at the neckline, and it needs a softer arm opening) and I’ll post a pattern and how-to next week.

9 Responses to “new summer dress”

1. Your little girl looks so cute! With a little baby girl you simply cannot wait to see her in a little sweet dress isn't so? :) (And for us crafting mamas it means also to MAKE little sweet dresses! :) )
    Beautiful fabrics you have designed dear Jeniffer!
    XO xo
    Uta

2. Elsa says:

this is the cutest baby and dress! she looks like a little flower!

3. randi says:

oh my goodness, what a gorgeous little model! her dress is great too. :)

4. mari says:

Too cute! I was about to go to the fabric store and look for a similar pattern but I think I'll wait for yours. (no pressure ;) )

Btw, I tried the plum tart you posted a little while ago. Mmm, mmm, mmm.

5. So adorable ~ the baby and the dress!

6. DolceDreams says:

Absolutely A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! I can't wait to see the accompanying outfits that will follow :)
    Nathalie

7. this is the cutest baby and dress! she looks like a little flower!

8. Anonymous says:

This is precious! I am a new mommy and a new sewer. I'd love to try this! Did you ever post the pattern you designed? Thanks!

9. monaluna says:

Hi there! No, I never did get that pattern done, unfortunately. I've found that now that I'm a parent and have all these cute things I want to sew, I have much less time for it! I actually did just find one like it in a larger child size and bought it – it's Simplicity 2228. It may not fit for a while, but it's a cute dress!